From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Multiple JCR Repositories in a single MikroKernel instance (?)
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:40:40 GMT
hi

On 3/22/12 11:18 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> I think this is not the case. If I'm not completely mistaken there will be
>> always an 1:1 correspondence between an MicroKernel instance and a
>> Repository instance.
>
> That's my thinking as well.

ok...

> In a cloud deployment the underlying cloud-scale storage backend can
> and probably will be used to host multiple repositories. Also in such
> cases I see us having multiple MicroKernels running on top of such a
> backend, one (cluster) for each logical repository.

so, that would mean that it was just a matter of addressing. in
other words: the URL use to create the MK instance must not only
identify the store and the workspace but also the repository?

> Thus there should be no need to distinguish between one repository and
> another in the oak-core level.

that was my assumption as well... i was just wondering about the
mk implementation.

kind regards
angela