From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RepositoryAdapter
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:35:13 GMT

On 21.3.12 15:58, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Angela Schreiber<anchela@adobe.com>  wrote:
>> the second issue was that in jcr2spi the desciptors needed to
>> be retrieved from the spi and i suspect that we want to do
>> the same with the oak-api...
>
> Assuming the set of features in oak-core is fixed, there should be no
> need for oak-jcr to query it for the descriptors. Unlike jcr2spi,
> oak-jcr knows the underlying repository implementation.
>
>>> However, this seems to cause different behavior depending on whether you
>>> get the descriptors directly on the repo, or through
>>> session.getRepository(). This seems to be a bad idea.
>>
>> not sure if that shouldn't even be the case.
>
> It shouldn't. Calling repository.login().getRepository() should return
> the same repository instance as was used for the login() call.

Agreed. Currently

     repository.equals(repository.login().getRepository)

returns false which is wrong IMO.

>>> Can't we simply all of this by having a session-independant
>>> ValueFactory, and use it from within the RepositoryImpl?
>>
>> sure that's perfectly feasible if we can define the set of
>> descriptors in jcr-oak. in that case just use the simplevaluefactory
>> from jcr-commons... see my comments above.
>
> Exactly.

Ack again ;-) We should only use (and consider legal) descriptor values
which do not depend on a session. Then we could use a respective value
factory (i.e. SimpleValueFactory) to provide these values.

Michael