From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject RepositoryAdapter
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:11:39 GMT
Hi,

I have my doubts about this
(<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/RepositoryAdaptor.java?view=markup&pathrev=1301562>).

The sole reason we have this seems to be that repository descriptors are
JCR values (as of JCR 2.0), and stringifying JCR values in general
requires knowledge about namespace mappings.

However, this seems to cause different behavior depending on whether you
get the descriptors directly on the repo, or through
session.getRepository(). This seems to be a bad idea.

Can't we simply all of this by having a session-independant
ValueFactory, and use it from within the RepositoryImpl?

Also, is there a bug to be raised for JSR-333?

Best regards, Julian