From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: MicroKernel API vs. protocol
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:34:13 GMT
On 2012-03-20 09:07, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>> about "flat or not". Forcing getNodes to return things as a hierarchy,
>> when it also could be a list of objects, decorated with a path, will
>> make it harder than it needs to be to process efficiently.
>
> So far I didn't think this is a problem, but I'm not sure if I understand
> what you mean exactly. Could you give a example how an alternative
> representation would look like?

Right now we return a tree, such as:

"a" : { ":childCount" : 1, "title" : "foo",
	"b" : { ":childCount" : 0, "title" : "bar" }
}

The idea would be to return an array of leaf nodes, keyed by their
identifiers.

Such as

[ "a" : { ":childCount" : 1, "title" : "foo" } ],
[ "a/b" : { ":childCount" : 0, "title" : "bar" } ]

etc...

The benefit is that it's slightly easier to process in a streaming way,
because it's just an iterator over node infos, instead of a tree.

Best regards, Julian