From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: On setting component boundaries in Oak
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:55:16 GMT
hi jukka

>>> and if we do that i don't really like the idea of having the
>>> MK-API being part of the oak-core module as it requires
>>> MK-implementations to have a dependency to oak-core including
>>> the API... that looks odd to me.
>>
>> same here. the mk api should IMO be a separate individually
>> versioned maven project.
>
> Note that we can (and should) version the MK API package independently
> on the OSGi package export level. There's no need for the API to
> reside in a separate component for that.

obviously we are not obligated to do that. but i think it would
be very wise.

just having a look at the code that michi committed in the oak-jcr
project illustrates to me how important it is to have the separation
even on the component level:

SessionContext#getMicrokernel()

looks pretty awkward to me... that exactly the kind of thing
i was worrying about.

kind regards
angela