From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject SNS and dumping nodes into the repo
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:07:03 GMT
Hi there,

as far as I understand, one of the use cases that comes up for allowing
same name siblings is that it makes easier for a client just to import
"random stuff" into a collection without having to worry about naming.

JSR-333 specifies a variant of addNode where the final node name is
picked by the client, while a name hint can still be made. This is
somewhat similar to the createTempFile API in Java, or POSTing
collection members in AtomPub (Slug: header field,
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc5023.html#rfc.section.9.7>), or
even POSTing to WebDAV collections
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc5995.html>).

Maybe, if oak allowed this pattern, we can avoid having to implement the
stronger SNS semantics?

Best regards, Julian