From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: On setting component boundaries in Oak
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 13:20:22 GMT
hi michael

> Given Jukka's considerations I think we should start out with two
> modules: one for the Microkernel and another for the JCR implementation
> on top of it.

i tend to disagree here as explained in my response to jukka.

> Regarding the JCR implementation: Even though there most likely will be
> a further layering (oak-spi) in the future, I think the details are to
> vague still to make the split now. As Jukka mentioned, we should get a
> clearer picture on the use cases/clients for such the oak-spi before
> going forward here.

wasn't the very aim of your 2 experimental jcr2x implementations to
precisely get that clearer picture? what was the outcome?

i think the last year should have provided sufficient results
to allow us starting with an Oak SPI. there is no need to
finalize that hic et nunc but we have to start thinking about it.
further delays will IMO not produce better results for designing
an SPI.

kind regards
angela