From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On setting component boundaries in Oak
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:26:56 GMT

Hi,

Given Jukka's considerations I think we should start out with two
modules: one for the Microkernel and another for the JCR implementation
on top of it.

Regarding the Microkernel: even though we consider this an "internal"
interface at this point, the facts that we keep the interface language
agnostic and want to use it as a remoting point clearly makes it a
separate module.

Regarding the JCR implementation: Even though there most likely will be
a further layering (oak-spi) in the future, I think the details are to
vague still to make the split now. As Jukka mentioned, we should get a
clearer picture on the use cases/clients for such the oak-spi before
going forward here.

Michael