From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Integration Tests with TCK
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:17:15 GMT
hi felix

>> this will not only allow us to take conscious
>> decisions regarding compliance violations but will also
>> be very important to spot possible issues that will arise
>> with migration of JCR applications to jackrabbit3.
>> (thinking of apps like sling or cq that relying on quite
>>   some jr2 implementation details that are also reflected
>>   in the TCK :-).
>
> Good point. Of course, I would be very interested to hear about such implementation dependencies
to be able to fix them in Sling.

sure. you should not only hear it but we have to track and
document such changes as detailed as possible... if ever possible
i would like to collect it during the development process and come
up with a comprehensive documentation once we encourage people to
use jr3.

at least we need to have a public checklist at release time that
allows everyone to see what were the consequences of moving from jr2
to jr3 and what changes would be required to run on jr3 (hopefully
next to none) or take full advantage from improvements (hopefully lots).

angela