jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Filevault 3.1.36
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:47:38 GMT
On 2017-03-10 15:34, Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> Hi Julian,
> the references to the "unstable" versions are unfortunate, but they
> don't have impact of the operation.
> also, all the test pass so far. the only user of commons-collections is
> vault-cli, and I don't think that this is vulnerable to the serilization
> vulnerability.

That may be true, but it keeps the users of vault wondering whether
everything is ok. It's simply better to use the correct version in the
first place.

> here's the list of bundled libraries in vault-cli:
>
> commons-cli-2.0-mahout.jar
> commons-codec-1.10.jar
> commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
> commons-io-2.4.jar
> commons-jci-fam-1.0.jar
> commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
> commons-logging-api-1.1.jar

Unless I'm missing something obvious, we should use the latest library
version that works for the Java version we need to support.

> diffutils-1.2.1.jar
> guava-15.0.jar
> httpclient-4.5.2.jar
> httpcore-4.4.4.jar
> httpmime-4.5.2.jar

httpclient and -mime are 4.5.3 in jackrabbit right now.

> jackrabbit-api-2.13.7.jar
> jackrabbit-jcr-client-2.13.7.jar
> jackrabbit-jcr-commons-2.13.7.jar
> jackrabbit-jcr2spi-2.13.7.jar
> jackrabbit-spi-2.13.7.jar
> jackrabbit-spi-commons-2.13.7.jar
> jackrabbit-spi2dav-2.13.7.jar
> jackrabbit-webdav-2.13.7.jar

These should use a stable release. We can't tell people not to use these
if we do so ourselves without a good reason.

> however, if you think this is really a no go,
> please indicate which versions you would use, and I will update them for
> the next the release, if the vote fails.

Yes, I consider this a showstopper. Unless there's an emergency you need
to deal with, I'd cancel this release, update the dependencies, and cut
a new one.

> thanks.
> regards, toby
>
> btw: there should be a mechanism to mark libraries as invalid/revoked so
> that they can't be referenced by other projects.

Yes - or at least generate fat warnings.

Best regards, Julian