jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Amit Tripathi Tripathi <amit.tripa...@cimb.com>
Subject Queries on Jackrabbit for HA solution etc
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 03:11:53 GMT
Dear Jackrabbit Team,
I am looking for a content repository solution to a new requirement I am
dealing with currently. Here is the quick view of points where I need your
inputs which will help me to take a call about Jackrabbit :

Requirement:
A content repository to store PDF document where in each PDF doc is unique
to a logged in user. These PDF will remain store for a definitive period
of couple of months after which these PDF will be purged.
Basically, I am looking for doc version maintenance.
Number of users accessing is approx 5000/per day. Size of each PDF is
going to be few hundred KBs.

Queries:
Can I access the content repository remotely from my web application ?
Does jackrabbit support WebService and EJB as a integration mechanism from
web application to content repository in order to access the content ?
Does Jackrabbit content repository support High Availability solution in
Active Passive mode ? Believe it or not but I need this solution to be
HA....
What can be the preferred storage option to store PDF files ? Blobs, file
system ?
Can I stored files in SAN accessed by Jackrabbit  content repository

Regards
Amit Tripathi
******************************************************************************************************************************************************
Privileged/confidential information may be contained in this message. If this message is received
by anyone other than the intended addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying
to it and then delete the message from your computer.  Unintended recipients are prohibited
from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by CIMB Group including its affiliates (CIMB Group) by any mistransmission
of this e-mail. CIMB Group does not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or
completeness of, or presence of any virus or disabling code in, this e-mail. CIMB Group reserves
the right to monitor e-mail communications through its networks (in accordance with applicable
laws). Opinions, conclusions, statements and other information in this message that do not
relate to the official business of CIMB Group shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
by it.

CIMB Group Sdn Bhd (incorporated in Malaysia, (Company  No: 706803-D)). Registered Office:
17th Floor, Menara CIMB,  Jalan Stesen Sentral 2, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.
Visit our website at www.cimb.com