jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From aman051 <aman.arora...@live.com>
Subject Minimum set of libraries required to use Jackrabbit JCR implementation?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 06:56:41 GMT
I am planning to use Jackrabbit for developing an online document library. To
develop simple POCs, i have put the jackrabbit-standalone.jar inside my
class path and everything works fine.

But on opening the jackrabbit-standalone.jar, i found out that it's a web
project in itself. I copied all the jars from
jackrabbit-standalone.jar/WEB-INF/lib and kept in my class path and my
project again works fine.

My concern here is that I don't want to keep any extra jars in my project.
So my question is :

1. What are the minimal jars which are required to interact with Jackrabbit
repository?
2. What is the best way of using jackrabbit in a web project, as per
enterprise standards. Is it using standalone jar in the class path or using
only the required jars?
3. I am using Spring to create Repository instance and using it in the
project. Is it the right/efficient way of using Jackrabbit?