jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marius Petria <mpet...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Adding further filtering capabilities to JackrabbitEventFilter
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:07:43 GMT

On 7/17/14, 11:22 AM, "Michael Dürig" <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:

>>>- User data exclusions would allow for excluding events with certain
>>>user
>>>data. This could be useful if a session wants to bulk write some data
>>>without the respective event handlers being fired. That session would
>>>just
>>>need to set the user data to the same value as specified in the
>>>exclusion
>>>filter.
>>
>>What would be an example of user data? Property value constraints?
>
>See ObservationManager.setUserData() and Event.getUserData(). It could
>be any string and its semantics would be specific to the usage.

I think that for the bulk write usecase it is more probable that the
writer wants to disable the firing of (all) event handlers on its path and
fire them at once at the end. So basically with the exclusion pattern
there should be a predefined global excluded userdata that one can set on
the ObservationManager in order to avoid all listeners. Otherwise the
mechanism only works if the listener acts proactively on it (which might
be more sane in the end :) ).

Marius