I'm currently reviewing a patch submitted in JCR-3729, and when I try to apply to trunk, it fails for various files, although the version it is based on is the same as mine.

I realized that the files rejected all have CR+LF line terminators in my checkout, although I'm working on Mac OS X, and svn:eol-style is missing for those files. Apparently, it is this non-native line termination policy that confuses patch.

Is this an oversight or did we change our convention to not specify svn:eol-style anymore?

BTW: "grep -l '^M' $(find . -name \*.java)" reports 49 files in jackrabbit-data that have CR+LF line terminators