jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Maxim Zinal (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (JCR-3721) Slow and actively called NodeId.toString()
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 17:38:08 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3721?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Maxim Zinal updated JCR-3721:
-----------------------------

    Status: Patch Available  (was: Open)

This small patch replaces current NodeId.toString() with a faster version.

> Slow and actively called NodeId.toString()
> ------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-3721
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3721
>             Project: Jackrabbit Content Repository
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: jackrabbit-core
>    Affects Versions: 2.7, 2.6.5
>         Environment: Debian/GNU Linux 7.3 / Oracle JDK 7 / Apache Tomcat 7.0;
> Windows Server 2008 / IBM WebSphere AppServer 7.0
>            Reporter: Maxim Zinal
>
> I performed some JackRabbit profiling while trying to investigate the reason of low performance
of our application.
> The mostly interesting thing I've found is that NodeId.toString() method is heavily used
for hierarchy-based XPath queries, and it performs really bad.
> This are the numbers for my test application:
>  - Total CPU time: 879 178 msec
>  - CPU time in NodeId.toString(), including subcalls: 223 705 msec
> A quick check against NodeId.toString() implementation shows that it is based on UUID.toString(),
which itself is very ineffective in both in Oracle and IBM JDK.
> I've wrote a quick replacement for this method, and my measurements show that overall
performance became significantly better for our case.
> Hope that this will help to improve JackRabbit performance for similiar applications.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1.5#6160)

Mime
View raw message