jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: How to configure Jackrabbit with LDAP server?
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:32:55 GMT
hi

i never tried the com.sun.security.auth.module.LdapLoginModule
and therefore cannot tell you what kind of configuration is required
in order to get it running.

in general i would rather suggest to disable the LoginModule section
in the repository.xml and use a regular jaas.config instead. but
the configuration details i can't help you with.

once you have the authentication piece running it depends on the
rest of the security configuration whether you get the system running.
if you want to profit from the authorization shipped with jackrabbit
by default, you would also need to configure a PrincipalProvider
implementation
that can deal with the principals as they are set to the Subject
by the LDAPLoginModule.

if you don't want to rely on the authorization shipped with jackrabbit
you would need to change the overall security configuration accordingly.

hope that helps
angela