jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: node naming
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:19:47 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> What might be more promising is to store the names as supplied by the client
> (which keeps existing code happy), but to normalize on lookup.

This is probably fine for a client that treats the repository like a
file system, but potentially highly confusing for ones that assume
database-like semantics. We for example have a number of clients that
store more or less arbitrary key-value mappings in the repository.
Such clients would get subtly broken if it was possible for two
distinct keys to map to the same value.

Thus I'd be fine with something like this being implemented for
example in the webdav layer, but quite reserved about changing
jackrabbit-core. What's the specific use case behind this?

BR,

Jukka Zitting