jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: node naming
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 15:38:39 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2013-10-02 16:29, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Only if you're already prepared to deal with such changes. If you're
>> not, I think it'll be clearer to fail fast (with a good enough
>> explanation in the exception message) than to silently normalize
>> content and possibly cause subtle issues down the line when the
>> content doesn't match exactly what the client originally created.
>
> That's why it's bad that the spec is silent on it.

Right, but there's only so much the spec can possibly cover. Given
that the spec is intended to be implementable over existing backends
like file systems or WebDAV servers that don't specify such
functionality, any related wording in the spec would in any case have
to be fully optional and a spec-compliant client couldn't possibly
rely on it.

BR,

Jukka Zitting