jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: node naming
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 14:17:28 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> What are our expections with respect to certain normalizations of node names
> a repository *might* do, such as:

>From the implementation perspective: I think such concerns should be
taken care of on a level above the repository. At best I'd see the
repository enforcing a particular naming policy by refusing to create
content with un-normalized names.

>From the client perspective: I guess a client should be prepared for a
repository that actively does normalize names, as I don't think the
spec rules something like that out and as the spec was written in a
way that would allow it to be implemented on top of existing backends
that already may do such normalization. In practice that would
probably mean that a Node returned from getNode() or addNode() might
not have the exact same name as the one given as the argument.

BR,

Jukka Zitting