jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cdami...@apache.org>
Subject Upgrade to Lucene 4 ?
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 15:58:34 GMT

I'm thinking about the potential migration of Jackrabbit to Lucene 4.

This represents quite a huge work, as many Lucene core API have
completely changed between 3.x and 4.x
A quick test by replacing Lucene 3.x by Lucene 4.x shows almost 1000
compilation problems.

So before beginning this, I was first wondering if it is even worth
doing it.
The main benefits are obviously Lucene 4 new features and performance
The main drawback is IMHO that for a given application, a Jackrabbit
migration would also involve the migration of all Lucene-related code if
any. Existing repositories should also be reindexed during migration.

So what do people think about this ?

And of course, if it seems a good idea, is there some committers around
here volunteering to help me to do the job ? ;)

Best regards,

Cédric Damioli
CMS - Java - Open Source

View raw message