jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit FileVault 3.0.0
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:04:09 GMT
I'm +1 (not-binding) on this release.

There are a few comments I'd like to give however:

- The RELEASE_NOTES.txt indicates JCR-3670 has already been resolved, but this
is not the case.

- There are two files for LICENSE and LICENSE.txt and for NOTICE and NOTICE.txt.
These files do not contain the same content!

The NOTICE.txt adds a notice that FileVault source code originates from
Day/Adobe, which is fine, but this file is *not* also distributed with the
binary artifacts (e.g. under META-INF/ in the jars), which I assume would be the
intention...

The LICENSE.txt has an extra (leftover?) section under the standard ASL2.0
header concerning an included Xpath grammer within Jackrabbit subcomponents.
However AFAIK this is not applicable to (current) FileVault.
This LICENSE.txt is (also) *not* distributed with the binary artifacts, which in
this case probably is correct :)

- the 'main' artifact is call vault-reactor (as derived from the root pom.xml),
and therefore likewise the source distribution zip. Might it not be better to
rename the root pom.xml its name to "vault" or else at least the name of the
source distribution zip?

Maybe that the NOTICE attribution for Day/Adobe not being distributed is
problematic for Adobe, but other than that I think these are minor issues which
can be fixed (if needed) later.

Thanks, Ate