jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From andreas <andr...@breakpoint.no>
Subject Jackrabbit JCA and JTA
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 16:09:54 GMT
Hi

I am developing an application that uses both Jackrabbit and a database. In
Jackrabbit I store the files that I upload, and the database I store all the
other data in the app. I am using Spring 3.2, Hibernate 4.x and Jackrabbit
2.6.2. I have downloaded the Jackrabbit JCA version and deployed it to JBoss
7.1.1. I have configured it correctly I think. I can upload file to it and
it is saved. I also debugged my application and I saw that the session
object that invoke save() and logout() on is of type XaSession. I am using
the datastore.

The way I tested my code is like this: I have one method in the service
layer of my app annotated with @Transactional. Inside the method I first add
a file to the content repository, then I force a RunTimeException to be
thrown (and the code that should run instead of the exception would be to
save my object to the database through Hibernate). I cleared the datastore
(no files inside it) but when the exception is thrown the file that I added
isn't removed from the datastore.

So, is this correct? Does files in datastore stay in the datastore - not
rolled back? Or should it be removed. I am using the
<tx:jta-transaction-manager /> annotation in Spring config.

Could someone shed some light over this because I don't understand if I got
it working, or if I need to do something else to get it working? And where
does the metadata of the file that I add get stored? I have configured a own
database for the persistence manager but I don't see anything useful in the
database tables? There are only a lot of what seems to be binary things
there? Is there a way to verify if a file is inserted or not in the database
even though the actual file is stored on disk (datastore)?

Thank you

- Andreas