jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From andreas <andr...@breakpoint.no>
Subject SV: Jackrabbit JCA and JTA
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 17:51:03 GMT
Hello

It seems like the Jackrabbit session commits independently of the other
code. I have no idea why.

Fra: Chris Poulsen [via Jackrabbit]
[mailto:ml-node+s510166n4659461h46@n4.nabble.com]
Sendt: 5. september 2013 09:49
Til: andreas
Emne: Re: Jackrabbit JCA and JTA

Hi,

I don't know about file storing vs. transactions, but I would expect it
to work like any other transactional change to the repository.

Getting the JTA setup correctly can be somewhat of a tricky task - Are
you sure that you are in a transaction in your method (and that you are
in the correct transaction)?

Have you tried adding a simple node in the transaction method to see if
a simple node is rolled back? Also you can usually ask spring and the
JTA provider to produce really detailed logs to help you figure out what
is going on.

HTH.
--
Chris

On 04-09-2013 18:09, andreas wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am developing an application that uses both Jackrabbit and a database.
In
> Jackrabbit I store the files that I upload, and the database I store all
the
> other data in the app. I am using Spring 3.2, Hibernate 4.x and Jackrabbit

> 2.6.2. I have downloaded the Jackrabbit JCA version and deployed it to
JBoss
> 7.1.1. I have configured it correctly I think. I can upload file to it and

> it is saved. I also debugged my application and I saw that the session
> object that invoke save() and logout() on is of type XaSession. I am using

> the datastore.
>
> The way I tested my code is like this: I have one method in the service
> layer of my app annotated with @Transactional. Inside the method I first
add
> a file to the content repository, then I force a RunTimeException to be
> thrown (and the code that should run instead of the exception would be to
> save my object to the database through Hibernate). I cleared the datastore

> (no files inside it) but when the exception is thrown the file that I
added
> isn't removed from the datastore.
>
> So, is this correct? Does files in datastore stay in the datastore - not
> rolled back? Or should it be removed. I am using the
> <tx:jta-transaction-manager /> annotation in Spring config.
>
> Could someone shed some light over this because I don't understand if I
got
> it working, or if I need to do something else to get it working? And where

> does the metadata of the file that I add get stored? I have configured a
own
> database for the persistence manager but I don't see anything useful in
the
> database tables? There are only a lot of what seems to be binary things
> there? Is there a way to verify if a file is inserted or not in the
database
> even though the actual file is stored on disk (datastore)?
>
> Thank you
>
> - Andreas
>

> --

  _____

below:

http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/Jackrabbit-JCA-and-JTA-tp4659460p4659
461.html

To unsubscribe from Jackrabbit JCA and JTA, click here
<http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsub
scribe_by_code&node=4659460&code=YW5kcmVhc0BicmVha3BvaW50Lm5vfDQ2NTk0NjB8LTg
zMDc1MzU4> .

<http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro
_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.Ba
sicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.templa
te.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instan
t_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
NAML