jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dolan, Kelly" <kdo...@inmedius.com>
Subject Help debugging StaleItemStateException
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:26:31 GMT
I inherited application code that embeds a Jackrabbit 1.6.1 repository and encounters the "StaleItemStateException:
<item> has been modified externally" exception on commit of an XA transaction.

I've confirmed multiple threads are not involved and I can consistently reproduce this w/
only one user logged into the application. I also confirmed the exception is being thrown
because the "modCount" variables in a PropertyItemState object and its overlayedState variable
are out of sync. The question is why?

Any ideas or suggestions on how I might try to debug this (e.g., what classes to look at/understand,
what to look out for)?

Thanks,
Kelly

--