Hi,

We use Jackrabbit 2.4, looking forward to upgrade to 2.6, in a JEE environment (Jonas 5.2 AS, clustered JCA deployment with Oracle DB persistence).

We use a synchronous event listener to replicate data in an external JDBC database (for many reasons). Under rare circumstances, writing to this index may fail. In this situation, to avoid data inconsistency and costly rebuilds, we would like to trigger a transaction rollback in Jackrabbit.

One option we consider is to use a global JTA transaction involving the JCR XA session provided through JCA and the JDBC connection to our external DB. Any fault while writing to the DB would trigger a rollback to the global transaction.
Another option is to keep the connection to the external DB out of the JTA scope and to trigger a rollback to the JCR session only.
By the way, we are aware that Jackrabbit's "internal" connections to its datastore should never be involved in JTA.

Anyway :
- Is it okay to trigger a rollback from an event listener (after session.save(), the listener being synchronous) ?
- Should we expect events coming out from the repository after the rollback is triggered ?

BR

Édouard Hue