jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [OT] Donation of Adobe's "File Vault" and packaging tools
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:39:43 GMT
On 06/28/2013 02:29 AM, Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> But Jackrabbit is no longer in the incubator phase :-)
> i'll try to get more information before hitting 'svn ci'.

The incubator ip-clearance page isn't about projects but specifically for code
donations for an established project, so for use-cases like this one.

Basic thing is following the steps and submit an ip-clearance form template [1].

The instructions indicate you should provide a source archive containing the
donated code first (with a checksum), have it voted upon by the project PMC
(before or after the ip-clearance) and only thereafter can do an 'svn ci' ...

It might be worthwhile to read the recent thread on general@incubator.org on
"[IP CLEARANCE] BigCouch" [2] about some wrong wording in the before mentioned
form template [1] concerning copyright transfer (which is incorrect).
Especially responses [3] and [4] are useful. Note that it only concerns the
template (so applicable here too), NOT the donation for BigCouch.

The BigCouch ip-clearance submission [5] might be helpful as an example too.

Success and looking forward to the donation!

Regards, Ate

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
[2] http://markmail.org/message/a5ah3av2gkkytwfu
[3] http://markmail.org/message/nvyujol44wzjdimi