jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Externalizing search
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:34:01 GMT
On 31.05.2013, at 17:03, sephiroth75 <marco.1975@tin.it> wrote:
> Just another question...theoretically, to obtain what I've described the
> only class I've to implement is QueryHandler, haven't I?

Not really, as mentioned, this is going to be quite some work if you want to replace it with
your own implementation without breaking existing JCR client code relying on JCR queries.
I say "replace" since you mention you want to avoid a second index, and existing client code
compatibility since you mention this is for a "another sw on top of jackrabbit".

Just look at [0] for the curent Lucene implementation that is behind the SearchIndex class.

Just to warn you :-)

[0] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/query/lucene/

Cheers,
Alex