jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: preparing 2.6.1
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 13:43:26 GMT
Hi,

In general a big +1 to cutting 2.6.1. There are already 34 issues with
changes waiting to be released from the 2.6 branch. That's quite a lot
for a patch release, so the sooner we cut the release the better.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2013-05-07 15:22, C├ędric Damioli wrote:
>> I'd like to see [1] backported in 2.6.1, but I'm wondering if this has
>> been enough tested  in 2.7, if at all.
>> Or do you think it's too much for just a patch release ?
>
> No opinion on that. Jukka maybe?

2.6.1 already contains quite a few non-bugfix changes with non-trivial
risk for regressions (looks like we should be a bit more conservative
here), so I'd be a bit hesitant to add too many new changes there.

How about we cut 2.6.1 now and follow up with 2.6.2 like a week after
that? That way we can limit the number of changes in individual patch
releases and allow people to more easily backtrack if problems do come
up.

BR,

Jukka Zitting