jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 2.7.0 release plan (Was: Roadmap for Jackrabbit 2.x and 3.0)
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 06:59:25 GMT
Hi,

It's been a while since we branched Jackrabbit 2.6 and the trunk has
already evolved since then, so I think it's time for us to start
cutting our next series of unstable 2.7.x releases. Since I'd like to
have Oak 0.7 going out next week and we need a Jackrabbit release for
that, I propose that we cut the Jackrabbit 2.7.0 release candidate on
Monday next week.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> With this hybrid approach I'd go first for a stable 2.8 release
> sometime before summer, with the traditional 2.x repository still the
> default deployment option but with Oak included as an alternative.

See http://markmail.org/message/lxzqziv2koqmqnpo for my related
oak-dev@ post on how we could go about implementing this. The best
approach that I could come up with so far would be to migrate the Oak
components into Jackrabbit trunk so we can have a simple path towards
unified Jackrabbit 2.8 and 3.0 releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting