Simone-
I don't think the structure of the JR codebase would permit this. jcr-commons is a dependency of jackrabbit-core, so starting a repository from a jcr-commons test would create a circular dependency (unless it was to an older version of jackrabbit-core, which no doubts creates other issues).

I guess we need a separate module named jackrabbit-jcr-commons-integration-tests.

Is there a reason you can't test with mocks?

Regards,
Justin