jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent FINET <vincentfi...@gmail.com>
Subject How to know if a version of a node has been activated in live?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 09:55:04 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if you have any clue about this.

I would like to get from the CRX (of the contribution instance) the latest
version of a content node which has been activated (in the CRX production /
live instance).

My Java Code is located in the CRX of the contribution instance, and not un
the CRX of the production / live instance.

So far, in Java, I can search in the CRX and get a reference of a node.
>From that node, i get a reference to its child "jcr:content" which has
information about all the version of the parent node.

Dealing with VersionHistory and FrozenNodes, i can get information about
all version of that node....

I know that you can create a version of a node either on demand or when you
activate a node from the contribution instance to the production instance...

BUT i cannot say which version as been actually published in live. In other
words, I cannot say which version as been created "by hand" or while
activating the node....

Hope this is clear for you.

I'm using CQ 5.4 on the top of Jack Rabbit.
Maybe the question is more for Adobe rather than you.
Please let me know....

Best regards,
Vincent FINET