On Nov 29, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Jan Haderka
<jan.haderka@magnolia-cms.com> wrote:
Hiya,

there appears to be fair number of issues in JR that were fixed by "unassigned". Is this on purpose?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-printable/temp/SearchRequest.html?jqlQuery=project+%3D+JCR+AND+status+%3D+closed+and+assignee+is+null&tempMax=1000

FWIW: they were not 'assigned' to a particular user, that doesn't mean
they were fixed by 'unassigned'.
the user who resolved the issue can be found in the issue's history.

Yeah, I know. I should have perhaps phrased the question better, sorry about that.

For what purpose do you use the assignee? Is it just to nominate the person to fix the issue or the person who should manage the process or something else? What does it mean if the issue is unassigned by the time when it was closed? It is that it was spontaneous fix made by developer and was unmanaged/unplanned or that no one in particular feels responsibility for it or something else?

Thx.