jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Haderka <jan.hade...@magnolia-cms.com>
Subject Re: issues fixed by nobody?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:44:01 GMT

On Nov 29, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Jan Haderka
> <jan.haderka@magnolia-cms.com> wrote:
>> Hiya,
>>
>> there appears to be fair number of issues in JR that were fixed by "unassigned".
Is this on purpose?

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-printable/temp/SearchRequest.html?jqlQuery=project+%3D+JCR+AND+status+%3D+closed+and+assignee+is+null&tempMax=1000
>
> FWIW: they were not 'assigned' to a particular user, that doesn't mean
> they were fixed by 'unassigned'.
> the user who resolved the issue can be found in the issue's history.

Yeah, I know. I should have perhaps phrased the question better, sorry about that.

For what purpose do you use the assignee? Is it just to nominate the person to fix the issue
or the person who should manage the process or something else? What does it mean if the issue
is unassigned by the time when it was closed? It is that it was spontaneous fix made by developer
and was unmanaged/unplanned or that no one in particular feels responsibility for it or something
else?

Thx.