jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject OOME with XPath query
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:07:45 GMT

Hi,

The following code results in an OOME for me [1] on the current trunk:

QueryManager qm = session.getWorkspace().getQueryManager();
Query q = qm.createQuery("/jcr:root/root//element(*)", Query.XPATH);
QueryResult r = q.execute();  // OOME here

The sub tree rooted at /root is "large" but none of its nodes has more
than 100 direct child nodes. From what I could see, the amount of memory
needed to execute the query grows aprox. linearly with the number of
nodes in the sub tree.

Is that expected? I was under the impression that query results would be
collected lazily. Does that sound a bell for anyone?

Any pointers to changes in the query engine which could have something
to do with this are appreciated.

Michael