jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Tagliani <l.tagli...@cbt.it>
Subject NodeId mapping on PostgreSQL and Derby (SM_LONGLONG_KEYS)
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:47:30 GMT
Hi all,
  I found that PostgreSQL and also Derby maps the NodeId on the DB using two
long columns instead of a single binary column.

Using the consistency checker of Jackrabbit (trunk) I've found that the
queries used to iterate over the PM performs very bad and the primary key
constraints is never used.

So can anybody explain the reasons of this choice?

And more... it is possible to unify the management of the ids (... yes I
know that so it's not backward compatible, but we can implement a tool to
convert the DB format).

BR

Luca Tagliani