jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using WebDAV capability
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 07:29:24 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM, purnashree bhattacharya
<purnashree.b@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our team was planning on implementing the WebDAV Capability in our intranet
> application. We are using smartGWT. We came across the WebDAV libraries in
> Jackrabbit and had a few questions before using it...

Someone just asked a similar question at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12688837/getting-started-with-jackrabbit-webdav-servlet/12703622#12703622
- as I said there, if you just need to implement a WebDAV servlet, I
think there are more flexible tools like http://miltion.io which are
specifically geared for that.

You don't need any programming to use the Jackrabbit WebDAV servlet to
access content that's stored in Jackrabbit, that's out of the box.

Apart from that, Jackrabbit is open source under the Apache License,
so there are few constraints and no fees for its use, see
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 for details, and about
support http://grep.codeconsult.ch/2003/06/05/this-is-open-source-here-are-your-options/
applies.

-Bertrand