jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Notes from the Oak Hackathon Berlin September 25th
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 15:52:55 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As promised [1] a short follow up on the Oak Hackathon we held in Berlin
> last Monday.
>
> The Hackathon was quite a success even though not too much hacking has
> actually taken place. Half of the roughly 10 attendees where new to the
> project so we decided to turn this more into an intro session. Jukka and
> Michael gave a preview on their Oak presentation for .adaptTo 2012 [2] and
> Jukka went through some coding examples showing how to write a custom commit
> hook for Oak. The code examples will become part of the NodeState model
> documentation [3].

Thanks for the update. I really enjoyed the presentation and
discussions. And of course the code walkthrough!

> As we seemed to agree that repeating such an event would be a good thing, I
> would like to find out about the modalities: How long should such an event
> be? I figured a single day is a bit short and would make it rather two days.
> Possible future dates for meeting up would be at ApacheCon EU (November 5th
> - 9th) in Sinsheim, Germany or between November 19th and 23rd in Basel,
> Switzerland. Let me know about other options/preferences/opinions. When we
> have a rough idea on how to go about we can proceed with the details.

I do agree that one day is rather short so probably two days would be
better. Ate and me will be at the ApacheCon (I'm not sure yet about
Unico and Ard) so we could have a (informal?) meeting/hacking session
there.  November 19th to 23th might be too close to the ApacheCon for
me.

If people like to visit Amsterdam we can also do a hackathon at our
office in Amsterdam after the one in Basel ;-)

Regards,
Bart