jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cdami...@apache.org>
Subject Collating ordered query results
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 21:00:02 GMT
Hi team,

As a French native, I often have to manipulate text containing accents.

So that when I execute some Xpath query like "//text order by @title", I
may get a text titled "Aéroport" ordered after a text titled "Avion",
which is not correct.

My first idea was to create a special function allowing to write
something like "//text order by fn:normalize(@title)" or something like
that. This function would consider "Aéroport" as "Aeroport", leading to
the expected result.
Then I discover than, at least for Xpath, the grammar (inherited from
XPath 2.0) permit a more standard "//text order by @title collation
'XXX'" which may also be implemented in Jackrabbit with a little more
work but won't be natural in SQL

So my first question is : does someone already thought about collations
? Possibly with an already working solution ?
Second question : which of my two solutions fit the best in Jackrabbit
(or possibly a third one) ?
And finally third question : if I implement such a collation algorithm,
would someone be interested to have it in the Jackrabbit core ?

Best regards,

--
Cédric Damioli
Ametys CMS