jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Notes from the Oak Hackathon Berlin September 25th
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:15:19 GMT

Hi,

As promised [1] a short follow up on the Oak Hackathon we held in Berlin
last Monday.

The Hackathon was quite a success even though not too much hacking has
actually taken place. Half of the roughly 10 attendees where new to the
project so we decided to turn this more into an intro session. Jukka and
Michael gave a preview on their Oak presentation for .adaptTo 2012 [2]
and Jukka went through some coding examples showing how to write a
custom commit hook for Oak. The code examples will become part of the
NodeState model documentation [3].

As we seemed to agree that repeating such an event would be a good
thing, I would like to find out about the modalities: How long should
such an event be? I figured a single day is a bit short and would make
it rather two days. Possible future dates for meeting up would be at
ApacheCon EU (November 5th - 9th) in Sinsheim, Germany or between
November 19th and 23rd in Basel, Switzerland. Let me know about other
options/preferences/opinions. When we have a rough idea on how to go
about we can proceed with the details.

Michael

[1] http://markmail.org/message/qh2mgfkwbqri2vgp
[2]