jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backporting bugfixes to 2.2.x
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 07:52:12 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Unico Homme <unico@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like to backport several bugfixes that were fixed on the 2.4 branch to
> the 2.2 branch. This concerns the following issues:

Sounds good. Cutting a 2.2.13 release once all the fixes are in would
be useful. Do you want to try cutting the release?

Note that when backporting fixes, we've normally used the already
existing (resolved/closed) issue for that. So instead of opening new
issues for the backports, it's better if you just label the relevant
commits with the existing issue for that fix and then _edit_ the issue
to add the 2.2.13 fix version in addition to the existing fix
versions. For completeness I often also add a comment like "Backported
to the x.y branch in revision n" when adding the new fix version.

BR,

Jukka Zitting