jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving Jackrabbit integration with OSGi - JAAS
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:07:15 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Chetan Mehrotra
<chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote:
> At high level following changes were done in Jackrabbit
> * Make use of new method
> Configuration.getInstance(ConfigAlgoName,InputParams,ProviderName) to
> obtain JAAS config in JAASAuthContext class to fetch configuration
> * Expose a new attribute jaasConfigProviderName in Security element of
> repository configuration.

I'm not entirely convinced that we need these extra options. Couldn't
you simply add an extra OsgiLoginModule class that's configured like
this:

    <LoginModule class="...OsgiLoginModule">
    </LoginModule>

That LoginModule implementation should be able to encapsulate all the
proposed extra logic.

BR,

Jukka Zitting