jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Backporting bugfixes to 2.2.x
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:54:28 GMT
Hi Unico,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Unico Homme <unico@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to backport several bugfixes that were fixed on the 2.4 branch to
> the 2.2 branch. This concerns the following issues:
>
> [JCR-3349] - The BatchMode of the ConnectionHelper doesn't work in XA
> Environment
> [JCR-3353] - A DeadLock can occur if an Exception is thrown while unlocking
> the Journal
> [JCR-3354] - The ReadWriteLock in AbstractJournal can create a Deadlock in
> XA Environment
> [JCR-3378] - The ConnectionHelper can return a closed Connection in
> BatchMode
> [JCR-3379] - XA concurrent transactions - NullPointerException
> [JCR-3383] - Unclosed Resources in ConnectionHelper if ResultSet is null
> [JCR-3387] - On heavy load we see occasional SQLException: closed statement:
> next
> [JCR-3399] - Shared ISM does not release the internal Writelock if something
> unexpectedly is happening in externalUpdate
> [JCR-3417] - Failed Journal lock not propagated
>
> Also, if anyone has any other issues they want backported please let me know
> so I can pick them up.
>
> Any objections?

Not at all ;-)

Claus recently fixed some more issues related to (XA) locks which
might be candidates:

JCR-3392 Combine the XA aware (Reentrant) LockImpls to prevent duplicate code
JCR-3425 XAAwareRWLock implementation fails with IllegalStateException
on JBoss AS7

This one might be an option:
JCR-3386 Adjust some default values of the BasicDataSource in the
ConnectionFactory

If needed I can also cut the release.

Regards,
Bart