jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Hauch <rha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.5.1 and 2.4.3 release plans
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 13:50:32 GMT
On Friday, August 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Randall Hauch <rhauch@gmail.com (mailto:rhauch@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > Is there any chance that the following TCK-related issues can be back-ported
> > to 2.5.1? They're currently marked as resolved in 2.6:
> >

> I updated Jira to show them as resolved for 2.5.1.
Thanks!

> After Jackrabbit 2.2 we adopted an odd/even release strategy where all
> 2.<odd>.x versions are labelled unstable and cut directly from trunk,
> so anything that's marked as resolved in Jira for the next stable
> 2.<even> version will automatically be included in the next 2.<odd>.x
> release.

Gotcha. For some reason, I have trouble remembering that.
> BTW, given your use of the TCK codebase, it might make sense to split
> it back off the main Jackrabbit trunk to a separate component with its
> own release cycle. That would make it easier to cut releases of the
> code whenever needed.

Yes, it would make it easier and IMO it would make the versioning more semantically useful.
Even so, it may not be worth the additional effort of the separate release cycle given that
the TCK unit tests all seem to be in a pretty good state. (With the above fixes we'll pass
all but 2 of the TCK unit tests, and those are due to our own bugs.)

There's another thread [1] on this list related to this topic, and I'll post some questions
there.

Best regards,

Randall

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/m3vtrkpscedsb462