jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.5.1 and 2.4.3 release plans
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 08:26:25 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Randall Hauch <rhauch@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any chance that the following TCK-related issues can be back-ported
> to 2.5.1? They're currently marked as resolved in 2.6:

I updated Jira to show them as resolved for 2.5.1.

After Jackrabbit 2.2 we adopted an odd/even release strategy where all
2.<odd>.x versions are labelled unstable and cut directly from trunk,
so anything that's marked as resolved in Jira for the next stable
2.<even> version will automatically be included in the next 2.<odd>.x
release.

BTW, given your use of the TCK codebase, it might make sense to split
it back off the main Jackrabbit trunk to a separate component with its
own release cycle. That would make it easier to cut releases of the
code whenever needed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting