jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backporting fixes to 1.6.x
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:15:20 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM,  <Robert.Sauer@sungard.com> wrote:
> during maintenance of our product distribution we have backported several fixes to the
> 1.6.4 code base, mostly affecting problems in the area of XA transaction handling.
>
> I'm wondering if there is any interest in applying those fixes to the official 1.6.x
branch
> and potentially cutting a 1.6.6 release. If so, I would happily volunteer to provide
relevant
> patches.

We already declared Jackrabbit 1.x to have reached its end of life,
and recommend people to upgrade to 2.x. Is there something in
particular that's blocking you from upgrading? The upgrade should be
fairly straightforward.

That said, if you're willing to do the work of backporting all fixes
and submitting the changes as patches, then obviously we'd be happy to
commit the changes and cut a release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting