jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Hugonnet <ehsavoi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spring 3.0 with Apache 2.x
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:51:26 GMT
Hi,
I agree with Alexander. I used to used spring-mdoules for creating a
JCR 1.0 repository with Spring, but this is not required anymore.
My only 'contribution' is to load spring property holder so that
jackrabbit can use them when resolving its own configuration.
You can check it github.com/ehsavoie/Silverpeas-Core look into the
feature_82 branch in the lib-core submodule as it is currently a work
in progress.
Emmanuel

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<aklimets@adobe.com> wrote:
> On 30.06.2012, at 15:51, Peri Subrahmanya wrote:
>
>> I wanted to use spring with apache 2.x and I found information on spring modules.
However it seems like spring modules is compliant with JSR 170 which is jackrabbit 1.x. Can
someone verify if JCR 2.x works with Spring similar to the spring modules, and if so any links
for examples please?

> If you mean the spring-modules-jcr [0] that's long dead (doesn't have a website anymore).
Also found se-jcr [1] which also seems inactive.

> In any case, there is nothing that prevents you from using Jackrabbit in a Spring app.
Usually I would not recommend the approach to see jcr just as a DAO implementation and use
the transaction features from Sling (such as the modules above do). JCR is best done when
you use the API directly with full control over the session yourself.