jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MultiDataStore ...
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:37:44 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> I'm implementing at the moment a MultiDataStore and want to know if
> someone else is interested so i would provide a patch.

Sound useful. A somewhat similar case I've been thinking about is a
local datastore cache that could act as a decorator to another, remote
datastore backend. The MultiDataStore approach should be helpful in
implementing also something like that.

> The configuration could look like:
> <MultiDataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.MultiDataStore" >
>   <primary>
>     <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore">

This is the tricky bit, as our XML-based configuration mechanism isn't
very easy to adjust for such features.

Instead of extending the XML configuration format with yet another
custom structure, how about we allow the existing <param/> elements to
specify custom objects instead of just scalar values. That would turn
the above configuration to:

  <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.MultiDataStore" >
    <param name="primary"
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore">
    </param>
    <param name="archive" class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore">
    </param>
  </DataStore>

Such a feature should come in handy also for many other custom
configuration needs.

BR,

Jukka Zitting