jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about same name siblings and authorization
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:06:35 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Bart van der Schans
<b.vanderschans@onehippo.com> wrote:
> We running into a (potential) issue with same name siblings and
> authorization and I would like to have some feedback before we try to
> fix this (if needed at all).

Your problem boils down to having "same name siblings" and
"authorization" in the same sentence, or perhaps even having same name
siblings in the first place. You're probably better off if you try to
avoid the SNS feature entirely.

> Which is a bit odd, because how can the session know there is more
> than one item sibling? Does anybody knows what the spec has to say
> about this?

The spec leaves this open by explicitly allowing access control to
leave gaps in the SNS sequence. It's not an elegant solution, but
AFAIUI nobody really considered such interactions when the SNS feature
was specified (IIUC it came up just as a logical consequence of the
XML import feature).

BR,

Jukka Zitting