jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:30:07 GMT
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bart van der Schans
<b.vanderschans@onehippo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The check-release script complains about some differences between the
> svn tag and the code in the zip:
>
> $ diff -bur tag-svn/ tag-zip/
> Only in tag-zip/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0: DEPENDENCIES
> Only in tag-zip/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0: derby.log
> Only in tag-zip/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0: LICENSE
> Only in tag-zip/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0: NOTICE
>
> The src zip now contains a NOTICE.txt and NOTICE file as well as a
> LICENSE.txt as a LICENSE file.

Ah, when running the script I indeed also see the [error] (didn't
notice it before)

The DEPENDENCIES, LICENSE and NOTICE I assume are added by the
'apache-release' profile from the general apache pom.

I am not sure how to fix this. Should I remove the LICENCE.txt and
NOTICE.txt from svn? Or rename them to LICENCE and NOTICE?

Also not sure about the DEPENDENCIES. Anybody?

> It looks like the derby.log is a
> leftover from the build as it is not cleaned up by "mvn clean".

Ah, that stupid derby.log file. I already explicitly ignored it in the
'pedantic' profile. Not sure what the best way is to get rid of the
annoying derby.log file.. ideas are welcome

> I also think we need to update the check release script a little bit
> to verify all artifacts and not only the source zip file and check the
> pgp signing. I guess it should be easy enough to copy that from the
> jackrabbit check-release.sh script. The artifacts I checked manually

The check-release.sh script was copied from the jackrabbit one. There
are just not so many artifacts as you might expect. Perhaps you missed
this part:

[INFO] Step 2. Check individual files
[INFO] target/jackrabbit-ocm-staging-1341825237/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0-source-release.zip
gpg:  ----
md5 : GOOD (7495daad93eaa2aa2a3b02960b791cf3)
sha : ----

> all seemed fine to me.
>
> The build works fine and all tests pass.
>
> So here is my +1! (unless the double NOTICE and LICENSE files have any
> legal consequences, but IANAL)

Thanks for the feedback Bart. I do want to 'fix' the NOTICE and
LICENSE duplication, as well as the DEPENDENCIES and derby.log  in the
future (can't imagine it is a big deal now), but some feedback on best
practice is needed.

Regards Ard

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam