jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Question about same name siblings and authorization
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:44:11 GMT
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Stefan Guggisberg
<stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Ah, thanks Jukka and Stefan for the quick replies.
>>
>> So the "compacts indices" mode for SNS is also allowed (as stated in
>> paragraph $22.5), but I suspect that may take quite some effort to
>> implement this in the current code base. And even then it probably
>> will come at the cost of some performance.
>
> i would guess that implementing session-local index compacting would
> result in pretty nasty code. apart from that i don't see any benefit in
> doing so as the current behavior is clearly spec-compliant.

I agree that indeed nothing in Jackrabbit should be changed, as it is
clearly according spec. We just have to find out a way to deal with
the legacy we have on this area

Ard

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com